Carbon Resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I have just come upon a whole slew of Motorola Carbon Composite resistors from 10-10-2 through 4.7M-10-1/8 in pretty good quantity.
I was wondering about the possibility of using a bunch of 22-10-2's in parallel to get the value needed for the series resistor in my L-Pad circuit.
Would there be any benefits/downsides in relation to using Non-Ind Dayton resistors?

I have just come upon a whole slew of Motorola Carbon Composite resistors from 10-10-2 through 4.7M-10-1/8 in pretty good quantity.
I was wondering about the possibility of using a bunch of 22-10-2's in parallel to get the value needed for the series resistor in my L-Pad circuit.
Would there be any benefits/downsides in relation to using Non-Ind Dayton resistors?

Not so much. All the extra lead length might add a little bit of inductance, but we're talking pretty negligible. I had built a couple of sets of speakers using massively paralleled carbon resistors for just that reason (I had a few hundred 15 and 20 ohm 2W carbons) and they performed just as you'd expect whether the resistors were carbon, wirewound noninductive, or metal film. It did make the crossovers look a bit bizarre.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.