Small signal NPN transistor 2SC2458GR or 2SC1740S-R - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th April 2012, 09:01 PM   #11
srinath is offline srinath  United States
diyAudio Member

I swapped that transistor and dont have anything change. Same as before, the relay has no voltage and the receiver isn't doing anything like it was before.
So this is what the receiver is doing.
It wont light the standbby light, atleast not that I can see, it wont power up, and for all intents and purposes its dead. Except, it will run the fan for ~3 seconds when you plug it in (not when you power it on) and there is a very dim lighting of the digital read out - you can make out what it says but you unplug it it goes off and plug it in and it lights up very very faintly, maybe all the led's are comming on.
So what could be happening.

I received this in the same dead condition I have it in now. So I cant say what killed it.

Thanks guys.
Srinath.
Old 9th April 2012, 01:20 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

What exactly does that relay do ? I have a yamaha rx-v795 that also has that relay clicking on then off in a fraction of second. I had a denon 3802 that had the same thing happen, and I removed it and re fitted it and it works.
So I am a bit stumped, what exactly does it do.
Thanks.
Srinath.
Old 18th April 2012, 02:25 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default Testing this amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenOH View Post
Well, this what I am looking at.
You will need that D925 installed in any case. Look at your board.
<<make sure it gives you DMM diode reading (without transistor in place) ~0.6V.>> You may need to unsolder and pull one end of D925 to avoid distorting your diode measurment with the coil resistance in parallel.
Thanks for this diagram, I am testing my power board with this as reference.
The 3 connector that is going to NAR-6332, that has the +13v dc I am supposed to have.
However there is no voltage @ the coils of the relay RL-901 and I have shorted the prongs, so its like the relay is connected.
The amp still has nothing lighting up, and its not even going to stand by when I plug it in.
What could be wrong ?
Thanks.
Srinath.

Hide this!Advertise here!