Terminal Block Source for Blank PCB - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd April 2012, 07:57 PM   #1
goody75 is offline goody75  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Terminal Block Source for Blank PCB

One of the allures of going the DIY route to many is having the control over the partaking that GI into your equipment. I get that. And although I'm a newbie, I find it interesting sometimes to look at the datasheets of components that I am considering - even if I don't understand most of what's on them.

BUT... I am trying to finish my mouser order for a gainclone kit (blank PCB) and I'm at the point where I want to slit my wrists because finding the terminal blocks has been EXCRUCIATING!!!

I need two 2pin blocks with 5mm pitch, a two 2 pin blocks with 8.5mm pitch, a 3pin block with 8.5mm pitch, and a 3 pin header with 2.54mm pitch. Can anyone help with a source? Preferably in north America. Part numbers would be great. This is something i would like to be done with.
Old 3rd April 2012, 08:13 PM   #2
macboy is offline macboy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Try here at digi-key
select pitch and number of positions, click 'in stock' (you will not be special ordering thousands of them!) and search.
I hope you meant 7.5 mm not 8.5 mm. Of the over 10000 at digi-key, none are 8.5 mm pitch. If you really do need 8.5 mm, then well, talk to the eclectic individual who designed that PCB.
Old 4th April 2012, 03:21 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

That is precisely the problem. There are a combined zero 8.5mm pitch terminal blocks in all of Digikey, Mouser and Ebay!!! I double checked the BOM and it does say 8.5m pitch.

I just sent an email to the guy I bought the PCB from. FWIW, it's the Jim's Audio gainclone board from this thread. I guess I should probably post a question there too.

Thanks for your help.
Old 4th April 2012, 03:38 AM   #4
gootee is offline gootee  United States
diyAudio Member

You could try Allied, or Newark. Mouser would have been my first choice. Then Digikey. Then Allied.

Did you try the live chat with their support people?

Maybe the BOM is wrong. 8.5mm sounds wacky. Maybe it was supposed to be 2.5 or 3.5.
Old 4th April 2012, 01:38 PM   #5
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

They do them, found somein China, cant find any fromusual sources easily!
Barrier Terminal Block Pitch 8.5mm (HB8500) - China Terminal Blocks,Barrier Terminal Block,Connection Terminal in Manufacturing Equipment for Electrical & Electronic Product
Old 4th April 2012, 03:43 PM   #6
macboy is offline macboy  Canada
diyAudio Member

The only way to know if 8.5 mm is the real pitch is the measure the hole spacing on the PCB.
Old 4th April 2012, 11:40 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

The guy from Jim's Audio sent me back an email saying that they are really 7.5 not 8.5mm. But I am going to measure it myself just to be sure.

Hide this!Advertise here!