Vishay Sfernice P11 potentiometers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd April 2012, 01:45 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Vishay Sfernice P11 potentiometers

Hi, has anyone here used these? I need a 4 gang pot for my preamp but they seem pretty thin on the ground. Looking at the P11 datasheet it says they are "modular", does this mean I can get single pots and stick them together to make a quad pot or do you have to buy them already made?

I tried asking a distributor, who told me to try Vishay, who told me to try a distributor....
Old 3rd April 2012, 03:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Farnell Componentes electrónicos | Productos electrónicos | Farnell España
Old 3rd April 2012, 06:59 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

They're the ones! But, it seems they only sell single or dual. The datasheet says that up to 7 modules can be used together, but I can't workout if they can just buy two dual or four singles and stack them together myself or if they have to be specially ordered that way?
Old 3rd April 2012, 08:11 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default on ebay

Alps one quad 100k , 2 dual quad 50k + one single

get about 40 NOS boards
Old 3rd April 2012, 08:29 PM   #5
BigE is online now BigE  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannish boy View Post
They're the ones! But, it seems they only sell single or dual. The datasheet says that up to 7 modules can be used together, but I can't workout if they can just buy two dual or four singles and stack them together myself or if they have to be specially ordered that way?
Look at the specs again, at the order number details. You specify how many modules are stacked on your pot.
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:55 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thanks BigE, I saw that, but I'm not sure it answers my question about whether you can stack them yourself or just buy them that way. Though seeing as they don't have any type of assembly instructions I'm starting to expect it's probably the latter...
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:17 PM   #7
diyAudio Moderator

I've got a couple of dual 20k P11s in front of me, I can't see how they'd stack without major surgery.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:41 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Thanks pinkmouse, I'd best start looking for an alternative as I can't see anywhere that sells the 4 gang versions...

Hide this!Advertise here!