101 in fixing a cd player (help)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First things first i shearched and found nothing..

my portable cd player broke on me and i need some help fixing it.

it was working fine but now when i put a cd in it the cd will spin then the disply reads "no cd" i tryed doing the no brainer stuff to fix it, cleaning, tighting stuff and just lokking at it. well ANY help would be nice. for the record it's a RCA 45sec espx
i would like to fix it and save some $$

Thanks Bob

Check to see if it's spinning up...then chck to see if the laser assembly actually moves...not the lens pushing up and down...but the whole thingy moving to track 1...when u push it away...I had a motor lock up this manner once when I dropped the CD-player...checked the drive voltage...was there...but motor was not spinning...took the whole thingy apart...lubed it and spun it a few times...place it back and Viola it spun...fix together everything it it was as good as new...

If you haven't, you might try putting in a fresh set of batteries. That is about the only thing I think you (or I) can do. You might save $$ (not to mention time) by not trying to fix the damn thing. Thanks to Chinese labor, portable CD players are inexpensive (this probably will catch up to U.S. labor someday). With a manufacture's rebate and a local promotion, I picked up AM/FM radio with CD and cassette player for about $15 (from the RiteAid drug store). Even without discounts, they aren't that expensive. Though I understand your desire to fix the good ol' RCA.

I think you're over your head trying to fix it. Heck, I've got books on repairing CD players and I'm over my head. If the batteries don't fix it, start looking at the new models.

JF

hey

i tryed the frash batteries but no luck. and it was a gift.

not the lens pushing up and down
Ya the laser moves up and down
and when i push the laser part back it moves back to the front.
ya i hold the part so i can have it open and runing to see waht gos on and the cd spins fine. it just won't play it :mad:
any other ideas???

I had a tree fall one it once when i was camping and it was fine.
i let it sit for a week and it won't work.:scratch:

Thanks....Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.