Elprint.com PCB's prices reduced with 1/3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good news to all diyers:nod:

Yesterday I had a one hour long meeting Managing Director Helge K. Nilsen and Sales Manager Nanna Høg from www.elprint.com at the TechMesse 2003 exhibition in Denmark.

I told them that I normally had my PCB's made in Eastern Europe,
because I could get them app. 30% cheaper there for the same quality and with the same delivery time.

They where very open regarding their price calculations, and we tried several different configurations on their online "PCB price calculator" at www.elprint.com. They had to admit that they couldn't compete to the prices that I normally pay for my PCB's.

When I returned three hours later, they showed med the result of some "new calculations" they have made. For small quantity proto types with app. ten days delivery time the price had been lowered with app. 33%, and they then asked if this was competitive. At the same moment as I told them that their new prices was very competitive, they uploaded the new calculation formula on their website for all to take advantage of this!!!!

This is absolutely a high tech proff company that listen to the small diyers, so please support them if possible! And take advantage of their new lowered pricing;)

bugs at the web site

I am in usa and filled out a price request, this is what I got through their email:
------------------------------------------------------------

Do not support Text mode
Please Contact Macaos Support
mailto://support@macaos.com
Phone: Norway +47 55925500
Sweden +46 84464135
Denmark +45 44360400
Other +47 55925500

----------------------------------------------------------------
also, the email attachments were just a logo and a blank form.

I think they may need to further update the site.

Nice work, it's good news for us DIYers in Scandinavia.

It's actually just a couple of weeks since I was at a guided tour at Elprint's main factory. It's located here in Bergen where I live now, it's also here Elprint started.
It was actually the founder himself who guided us and told us about the company.
He told us how the firm had evolved form the start and becoming what it is today, the largest grow came with the introduction of internet in the beginning of the 90ies.

Elprint does also have a couple of post-graduate thesis for the EE school each year and they have close relationships to the EE school(where I study) and the university here in Bergen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.