Where to Buy nice looking monoblock chassis?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a few questions about them though, a friend of mine ordered this chassis a while ago for one of his amps and we both thought it somewhat flimsy in the format he received anyway and at least one panel had to be replaced. they look better in photos. but it depends what you want to put in it, if you can use it as is the value seems good

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
I'm sorry but I must disagree and not because I'm Italian.

I've ordered and received 6 cases from them. In each case the item delivered was exactly what the site described. The 4U basic container with metal sheet lateral sup/inferior panels is quite light as opposed to the 4U pesante dissipante (with heatsinks).

Right now I am working on a 5U 50cm deep finned chassis with 3mm alu panels and it is quite sturdy. It does not sag with a 2500va transformer, 3 chokes, 2x very large caps and 6 tubes (excluding the very big power tubes I am using as final stage).

The case is of good quality. Maybe the anodization is not very thick thus being prone to scratches. However, be assured, that the quality is good and the finned model (at least in my case) is quite robust.

I notice they have a picture of a "Ground Sound" face plate with engraving, guessing this is where Robert gets his cases from.

If so the case is quite reasonable... not quite the standard of the big brand manufacturer cases, but certainly good enough not to look untidy umongst your pro audio gear.

Agree with the comment about the anodizing not being thick enough, but I would consider them for additional cases.

Hifi2000 - I've built many hi-fi amps over the years but have always had to improvise the enclosures. Having tried psychologically to persuade myself that the result looks good, nobody else seems to agree (wonder why!).
I spotted a comment about using a Hifi2000 chassis in AudioXpress (Nov 2011) article about the Abletec Class D modules so I checked it out.
I've now got my enclosure for a pair of Abletec modules for about £60 and it arrived in about 3 days to the UK from Italy.
It's well built, looks nice, is well priced and arrived quickly - nice people too!
Recommended.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.