Rubycon capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The original capacitors in my Onix amp were 4 rubycon 25x40 (CEW) 63v 4700uf (M) +85 C.

I replaced these with Panasonic 50v 6800uf caps but have a nagging feeling i could have fitted better caps.

The maximum size i can fit is 25x50 and i can safely go down to 50v.

Can anyone recommend a better cap ?

What about these? Rubycon.
I was thinking about useing the 25x50 63v, 6800uf, (USR series) Ripple current 4.41

...how do they affect the sound??

How - they do it do not know, but everything affects the sound. I was recently told that I must remove the EMI filter unit from my mains supply, then my amp will sound better. Why, don't know. Did not try it yet. It is the same question, why use a $40 Elna cerafine in the heater supply of a tube amp, but it does sound better. If you think about it, the volts that come from your wall socket, are the same ones that go into your speaker, it just gets shaped a little in between ;)

Peter Daniel said:

What do you mean by that?
------------------------------------------------------
It means that at 1 kHz or above, the loss measured for Pansonic caps tends to be higher than other high quality makes. Tan delta is the measure of loss and th lower the better. BGs and high quality Rubycons and Nihicons measure better, as does Elnas.

I can say at least that Rubycon YXF and some other types worked very well at work. Before we used ERO, Roederstein and the were not so good in lifetime. The types we used were EKM and EKMG and some more. Rubycon were MUCH better but unfortunately they have long (became even longer) delivery times and the price went up so we changed to Lelon (good so far).

:)ensen,

Just click on "overseas sales bases" my goegraphy is'nt very good so i don't know where your nearest distributor is.

Does'nt anyone know if the Rubycon USR series are any good?, on the site i clicked on "Select product by application" and then "Audio amplifiers" and it came up with the USR series.
Heres the link =Rubycon

I am also looking for Rubycon USR or YXF series.
anyone know singapore or malaysia dealer for this caps?

I think every capacitor have own characteristic sound.
For me i like Rubycon black gate , Standard Rubycon or Panasonic (Japan/malaysia country of origin) , ... more flat sound :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.