Where to have a custom project kit designed?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
scitizen, you buy an adapater that goes from mono phone plug to RCA jack?

OR in the case of a stereo TRS phone plug you buy an adapter that goes from that to dual RCA??

OR you build the adapter from the proper plug, wire and RCA jacks??

What's the problem?

Some small mix boards do have RCAs... some.

_-_-bear

I agree with everything you have said bear. No problems. I'm just saying that is not what the OP asked for. They are clearly not asking for a mixer board, or adapters, or external interfaces.

The spec is clearly outlined in post #3. Just read it.

I'm really sorry I responded to this thread.

Last edited:
I see the OP posted a typical noob request and left us with it. some noobs with different motives to many of the skilled hobbiests/enthusiasts we have here often tend to think that DIY means they can get the world in a box practically free with very little work involved. either the OP is a teenager with very little pocket money, or just someone with a fantastical idea of what diyaudio is for.

I agree, buy a 10yr old integrated and you'll be practically there, with the p[ossible exception of an MM preamp

Katieanddad: are you sure you are reading the same thread?

Hi ashleycox,

With extensive research, studying, and creativity, this may be something that you can design and build yourself. You said you were trying to work on "building experience", well maybe it's time to move forward and learn more. You would not necessarily need a custom PC board designed. There are many, many, individual modules available that will do most of what you want. You will have to research most of the interfacing and get creative. For instance, the in/out/monitor portion of your requirement could for the most part be passive using high quality selector switches. Here is an example, although your requirement is more complex: http://www.drtube.com/schematics/ai/ai500-89-2.gif

Here is a good article on volume, balance, and tone controls, and the way the building blocks fit together: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Amp-Tone-A.html

You could use something like this. You will have to research the muting and stereo/mono requirement: Hi End 3 Band Tone Control DIY Kit - Bass Mid Treble | eBay

Here is an inexpensive USB interface for getting the output of your amp into your computer: Behringer UCA222 U-Control Ultra-Low Latency 2 In/2 Out USB Audio Interface: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

There are many amp modules available like this: 4 X 100Watt Class D Audio Amplifier Board - TK2050 _Class D Amplifier Board_Audio Amplifier and other Audio Boards_Audio_Sure Electronics' Webstore

You also said you wanted a headphone amp and MM phono preamp, again lots of module choices if you do the search.

There are many considerations with regards to wire routing, power supplies, component layout, signal buffering, etc., but basically, put it all together in a single enclosure and there you go. Sounds easy, but it's going to take quite a bit of effort to get it right. It can be done.

I don't have any experience with any of the modules that I linked.

Good luck.

Last edited:
what's the cumulative price tag for all this?

Geez. Just go buy a receiver and maybe a few outboard odds and ends...

I think what we have here is another person without much practical experience?
Anyhow, the OP needs to come back and tell us more about his/her self and what they can and can not do, and what the point of the original "spec" actually is before anything more could possibly be said that will help the OP.

_-_-bear

what's the cumulative price tag for all this?

Expensive obviously, just trying to offer some "food for thought"

Geez. Just go buy a receiver and maybe a few outboard odds and ends...

Absolutely!

I think what we have here is another person without much practical experience?
Anyhow, the OP needs to come back and tell us more about his/her self and what they can and can not do, and what the point of the original "spec" actually is before anything more could possibly be said that will help the OP.

Totally agree. 10 stereo inputs, DAC, MM phono, 4 independent record outs:eek: does seem extreme.

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.