Help Identifying Caps/Res ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got some tweeters with built in x-overs, and I would like some help determining the x-over-point.

The two components I can visualy see on the back of the mount are:

a white rectangular piece with markings "3R9-J 5W-KM-8 Mu" (Capacitor ?)

a blue cylinder with markings "V/C BENNIC LAR BI-POLAR IFD 10MFD NV 50WV" there are no colored bands on this piece; it is all blue.

Would someone help me identify what kind of parts they are, in-turn, what mods they are making to the driver?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Steve. Im starting to get the picture now, but does that cap identify the ohm rating?

The tweeter casing has 4ohm on it, but a 4ohm 10uf cap would cross it over at 4000hz (from the chart I have).

The tweeter is paired with a 8" woofer, and I just dont see why they would cross it over at 4000hz. I have the factory parameters on the woofer, and response is flat till 2000hz, but then it breaks up.

Could this cap be a 8ohm 10uf ? That would cross it over at 2000hz (makes more sense), but what does that do to the output/impedence?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.