SMD electrolytics and msop op-amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys,

i've just opened up a processor of mine lying around and found it to use SMD components.

itching to do some upgrades i checked online to find better replacements for the components used in the processor.

it has SMD electrolytics labeled AZA, EZA, JZA and CZA. i assume these are the company's series? if so, what brand carry these series?

been digging around and the only SMD electrolytic recommended for audio is the Nichicon UQ series. can you guys suggest any other caps?

another question of mine is regarding the op-amps. the processor has ba4560, ba4580 and the quad 2060.

i've seen upgraded op-amps before in SO8 and SO14 cases but in this processor, the ba4580 and the JRC 2060 come in MSOP8 and MSOP14 cases respectively. the ba4560 is in SO8 so it's easily replaceable. looking somewhere in the opa-2134 to LM4562 performance range but they don't come in MSOP.:(

can you suggest better sounding op-amps that come in MSOP cases both dual and quads?

really appreciate any suggestions

thanks

it's a small digital processor from Alpine that does 5-band parametric EQ, Time Alignment and crossover. there are three op-amps MSOP 4580 after the DSP chip and just before the RCA outs are the MSOP 2060 (front and rear) and the SO8 4560 for the subwoofer out. i'm still waiting for the service manual to arrive from Pacparts though so i can be sure what the 3 MSOP 4580s do but it would be nice to know ahead if there are better op-amps than the 4580 and 2060 that come in MSOP casing.

you cant just throw a higher spec opamp at something and expect it to perform better; the circuit will have been built around these chips, you cant just drop another one in without knowing the whole schematic.

hi qusp,

i'm aware of this that's why i ordered a service manual for this unit. i'll do analyze the circuit once i get my hands on the service manual. but in case, after i analyze the schematics and a higher spec op-amp will be compatible, what can you suggest that comes in the MSOP case?

thanks, i really appreciate your input.

hi qusp,

i'm aware of this that's why i ordered a service manual for this unit. i'll do analyze the circuit once i get my hands on the service manual. but in case, after i analyze the schematics and a higher spec op-amp will be compatible, what can you suggest that comes in the MSOP case?

thanks, i really appreciate your input.

not many available, but luckily one of my favorite modern chips is

the Ti opa1641/opa1642 (single and dual) are available in msop-8 and the quad channel of the same chip, the opa1644 is available in msop-14 these are superb low noise jfet input opamps, so if you can make it work with them you're in luck.

as far as the caps, check the panasonic SP-Cap range SMD polymers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.