Rockford Punch 125.2 schematics - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2012, 03:44 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandes.cm View Post
Essentially the same as this model 160.2
Schematic;
https://sites.google.com/site/brande...edirects=0&d=1

MTP50N06 cross with Fairchild Semiconductor FQP50N06, you may have to change the gate resistor. The IRF9540 and IRF540's are available
from any supplier.

You may want this moved to caraudio section.
Its the MTP50N06V in this amp.. and those i cant find anymore.. a NTE2395 is the same, someone mentioned that NTE isnt a very good brand to buy though. the IRF540/9540 i found also.

What is the gate resistor ?.. and right beside each of the output transistors are round resistors that are in a standing position are those the Gate resistors ?..

I have another rockford amp i want to repair as well a 4.6x that i had used for a few years, the board is a little black were one or 2 of the power supply transistors blew i dont think there is any damage though, hopefully it didnt burn the board where the connections are.. in that case what do you do then? throw it out? lol. solder a wire from the board to the pin on the transistor ?

I have a friends kenwood amp here, has 2 blown output transistors i have tested all the others and the are the exact same ohms as the opposite side of the board so i dont want to replace more then i have to, 1 channel is working fine.
Little more info on what the Gate resistor is would be helpful.

Sorry im a knob.. and honestly i have never attempted to repair an amp before in my life until 2 weeks ago. and that was a older pioneer with blown power supply chips.
I got looking on google and hours and days of searching to learn a few tips about what generally fails and what might be the problem.. once i learn something it sticks pretty good, im determined to learn more.

There are always free or good deal amps out there none working or with problems and generally they are simple to repair, its harder to find parts then to do the actual repairs.

I cant wait to bring these rockfords back to life, a friend of mine found a old punch 75 in his shed too i want to check out. it might even work who knows, i remember 15 years ago when we were tanagers we would have a punch 50 and punch 100 pounding 4 12's and setting off alarms in stores and cars driving up the street.
I have always had a system in my vehicle but always just what ever i could get for cheap, i kinda forgot over the years just how well the old rockford amps work and im in a faze i want to bring some back to life and run them in my system.
Old 16th February 2012, 03:20 PM   #12
chipper is offline chipper  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to chipper Send a message via Yahoo to chipper
This amp uses 4 MTP50N06V's I have one of these that also needs repair. I'd suggest replacing the 50N06V's with IRF3205 that is available at most electronic parts suppliers. Then check then replace the surface mount gate resistors to 47 ohms if your using the 3205's. But first thing first make sure the driver circuit is working first. Clip the leads from the shorted power supply fets then get your volt meter place the negative probe on the ground and the positive probe on the gate pad of each FET. You should get something like 5.86vDC~ on each gate pad. Hope this helped.

Hide this!Advertise here!