Pls help with Chinese (STC) datasheet...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Henry and welcome to diyaudio. :) I assume there is a part number other than just STC? If you post a link to one of the datasheets I may be able to have someone check it out and give a rough idea what it is for, or one of our chinese members may be able to assist.

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
OK the chinese sites all basically said the same thing We sell electronics, at a good price, no specifics about the chip, however I suspect that it is an 8 bit microcontroller This datasheet may help http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/hynix/GMS97C56.pdf not sure if it is the same thing or not but some pictures at the chinese sites of the chip seem to match the 40 pin dip version.

Does it seem likely that it would be an 8 bit microprocessor?

Tony.

8 bit microprocessor sounds right; its driving a multi segment led display/multifunction rotary encoder on a CS3310 based preamp. It looks suspiciously like a washed component, poorly printed text only visible at a certain angle -however- knowing now that STC seemingly have no desire to market beyond China, they wouldn't need a presentable product, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

Major thanks Tony for your research efforts, my mind is at ease!

Cheers & enjoy the weekend
Henry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.