diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Parts (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/)
-   -   Why Is Silver/Teflon Wire So Difficult To Buy? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/205860-why-silver-teflon-wire-so-difficult-buy.html)

2MuchRiceMakesMeSick 2nd February 2012 10:31 PM

Why Is Silver/Teflon Wire So Difficult To Buy?
 
I want to buy 1000ft 14 awg wire but every single place I talk to wants a reseller/tax id. I must have called 15 places and none of them will sell to an individual.

M22759-9-14 or (M22759-11-14)
M27500-16-RC2-S06

Does anyone know where I can purchase silver plated teflon jacket wire?

dirkwright 2nd February 2012 11:07 PM

I'm surprised you don't need a loan to buy that.

Apex Jr 2nd February 2012 11:09 PM

I have the M22759/11 600V or M16878/4
But you ask for 14 Awg but your p/n is 16 Awg
and the M22759/9 is rated at 1000V is that what you want?

Steve

2MuchRiceMakesMeSick 2nd February 2012 11:16 PM

what part number would you recommend? (typo on the 16/14)
I just need silver coated copper and oxygen free with teflon jacket

M22759-9-14 is for single wire 14awg that i will twist
Should I use M22759-11-14 instead?


M27500-16-RC2-S06 is for preamp / 2 wire with shield that I will use to make XLR cables (16awg)

2MuchRiceMakesMeSick 2nd February 2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirkwright (Post 2889298)
I'm surprised you don't need a loan to buy that.

its about 2x tinned copper, at least the places ive been getting a quote.

2MuchRiceMakesMeSick 2nd February 2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Jr (Post 2889300)
I have the M22759/11 600V or M16878/4
But you ask for 14 Awg but your p/n is 16 Awg
and the M22759/9 is rated at 1000V is that what you want?

Steve


M22759/9 is just a little thicker jacket then the M22759/11 they are both the same to me and like 2 cents ft difference

Speedskater 2nd February 2012 11:31 PM

Electronic Surplus lists some 12AWG. Give them a call, as most of their stock never makes it to the web-page.

Teflon

Speedskater 2nd February 2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick (Post 2889307)
M27500-16-RC2-S06 is for preamp / 2 wire with shield that I will use to make XLR cables (16awg)

That would make a strange balanced interconnect.

Apex Jr 3rd February 2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick (Post 2889307)
what part number would you recommend? (typo on the 16/14)
I just need silver coated copper and oxygen free with teflon jacket

M22759-9-14 is for single wire 14awg that i will twist
Should I use M22759-11-14 instead?


M27500-16-RC2-S06 is for preamp / 2 wire with shield that I will use to make XLR cables (16awg)

If you can use 600V either M22759/11 or M16878/4
I have in stock....
14 Awg is $325.00 per 1000ft
16 Awg is $240.00 per 1000ft
As for the M27500 I only have a 2 conductor 22 Awg

Steve
steve.apexjr@prodigy.net
Apex Jr.Home Page

Speedskater 3rd February 2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedskater (Post 2889323)
That would make a strange balanced interconnect.

Opps, I was looking at the wrong part number.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:20 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2