FRED's GO banG. : O )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well i just tried my new set of fred's for my blue amplifiers they sound a little cleaner. But i didnt know that you have to have them on heat sink. and after a few min i guess they got hot and well BANG!! heh. here is my picture.

Attachments

• fred.jpg
    fred.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 201
Well, you should be always carefull when working with electricity. When starting a new circuit for the first time, I always wear glasses, as you never know what can explode. I also try to monitor temp on semis and capacitors initially, by touching them carefully. If you did that you might had prevented the loss.

BTW, I once had an accident, when a capacitor exploded into my eye. That made me paranoid about capacitors and that's why I always wear glasses when checking new circuits. I also have only one real pupil left, as I carry a plastic lense in my left eye for the last 20 years.

How's that jam, for being carefull and aware?;)

I don't mean to be a mooch peter. but long time ago you built some nice rectifier boards for your a40's i believe.

you used 8 Fred's and 8 of them green caps. do you have any of those left. maybe send me one or 2 so i can order more. i would like to try some out. ?

and 4 Fred's is good enough as i still have 4 Fred's right now..

And do i need isolation pads to mount these to a heat sink? of can they just be mounted to the raw heat-sink. ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.