Ready made switch panels?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When it comes to DIY projects, and especially when it comes to building something into an existing thing you DON'T want to mess up (like guitar electronics), I often just don't want to use plain "toggle switches". Yeah they are convenient... just drill a hole and tighten the nut. But I'd sure like to be able to use slide switches instead. Unfortunately that usually means cutting a neat rectangular opening along with mounting holes, a task I will most likely do poorly. So can anyone suggest any product or product line sporting various combinations of already cut switch panels? Maybe plastic so that additional holes for jacks or LEDs can easilly be drilled? I appreciate there are way too many slide switch sizes to accommodate, but I'll take what I can get at this point. Ideal, of course, would be with the switch(s) already included in the assembly.

Well, there are push switches. The kind that operates like a slide switch, but you actuate it with a plunger out the end. Look on most any PA mixer, and you will see some of them. Here is a image of one, though the ones I have in mind include a mounting bracket with a hole on either side. The little plunger is square. knob buttons for that pluger can be square, round, rectangular.
PN22SJSA03QE C&K Components Pushbutton Switches

And since toggle switches work, they make rocker switches that are round and mount in round holes. Behind the panel, they might as well be toggles, but outside thay have a nice low profile. They come as snap-ins or witha a thread and nut.

Try Mouser:

Attachments

• pn_4bfed783a8be5cdf42ba48c789ae051f-en.jpg
    pn_4bfed783a8be5cdf42ba48c789ae051f-en.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 69
  • RR%203130.jpg
    RR%203130.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 57
  • 630_1364_B_Rocker%20Switch.jpg
    630_1364_B_Rocker%20Switch.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 59
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.