PCB to mount snapmout electrolytic capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
capboard_photo.jpg

I built a mess o' these PCBs to mount snapmount electrolytic caps (up to 35mm diameter) in point-to-point projects.

More info is here: Push-pull driver board Capboard

Pete

Last edited:
I once made a somewhat more involved version,

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

10 in parallel for high power bypass application. Can't imagine anyone would really need this for tubes though, few work with 10kW amps, and even then the voltage would be much higher. Might not be bad for radial cylindrical film capacitors, but again not especially useful here.

Last time I used snap-ins in a tube amp, I just zip tied them to a bracket on the chassis, and soldered directly to the pins. Maybe not the prettiest, but works..

Tim

I've been using the snap in caps on my Compactron PCB Amp's and custom power supplies. Last one fab'd was a dual regulated 12.6volt DC supply with the filtered B+. I've used zip ties, glue and bolt on cap can clamps in the past, thanks for an engineered alternative in the future. There are a lot of flavors with the 35mm dia foot print.

Attachments

• ps3.jpg
    ps3.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 231
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I built a mess o' these PCBs to mount snapmount electrolytic caps (up to 35mm diameter) in point-to-point projects.

More info is here: Push-pull driver board Capboard

Pete

I'd be very interesting in buying a few of these if you plan to offer them commercially. I was not really able to take a look at your site as the pages are loading very slowly tonight.. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.