Matched n-channel JFET

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No doubt this comes up from time to time, but what the heck happened to JFETs while I was sleeping? One minute they're cheap and easily available, the next, only the 2n3819 and similar seem left.

I'm searching for a monolithic matched pair for my own design, preferably one that I can get this time next year! Low noise is they key here, so mos won't do... I could use bipolar but jfet gets that sound you don't get with bipolar.

Any suggestions gratefully received - preferably ones that won't require the sale of internal organs...:confused:

Yes... Very slim. At this rate I'll have to go any buy a box of MPF102s and sort some matched pairs myself. I know FETs have their problems, but it's a shame that they're being abandoned in preference for single chip solutions like Op Amps.

The circuit I had in mind was suggested by Horowitz and Hill and only needs 2 pairs. The same thing with Op Amps needs at least three amps and would be better with more. Now that's a pain because all the extra silicon adds noise and isn't optimised for what I need.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.