Metal film resistors 1W for tube amp circuits - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2011, 10:38 AM   #1
renton1 is offline renton1  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default Metal film resistors 1W for tube amp circuits

Hello,
in former tube amp projects I used the 1W Beyschlag resistors.
After the last order they came up with a slight different color and dimension. The new production seems to be much more magnetic than the old.

So I´m looking for good alternatives.

I thought of using Vishay CMF70 but unfortunately I couldn´t find a supplier with a bigger range of values.

Which 1W metal film resistors would you recommend? They should have a precision of 1% or better.

Best,
Rents
Old 19th December 2011, 02:07 AM   #2
jamesdb is offline jamesdb  United States
diyAudio Member

How about Takman 1% metal films?
Old 19th December 2011, 04:59 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

When asking for help it helps to have your location, including at least continent, on your personal details. My supplier, Newark.com, has a lot of Vishay metal film resistors. I buy the 5% tolerance, but the dozen come in all the exact same value mostly, so the precision is there, if not the accuracy. I find 1 w resistors too low in voltage rating to do the plate resistor or other high voltage applications, so I buy the two or three watt packages for tube circuits. Newark's multicomp generic brand seems to be exactly similar and has the same countries of origin. (In or Th) The two plants have somewhat different paint characteristics. I haven't compared the sources against each other, but both sources are way better in noise than the carbon comp resistors I have been replacing.

Last edited by indianajo; 19th December 2011 at 05:02 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!