Axial Electrolytic Recommendations

Greetings To All,

I have an compex limiter that I am trying to find replacement axial electrolytic capacitors for. I want to re-cap the audio path. After much searching, it seems that high quality axial caps are just not around. Lots of radial choices, bot no axial. Can anyone shed some light or have any recommendations they can share?

Thanks for your time!

Thank you all very much for your input. It is greatly appreciated!

When one talks of high end capacitors, Black Gate, Elna SILMIC, Nichicon MUSE, none of these are available in axial variety. I can find axial caps via Mouser, Digi-Key etc, etc. BUT, is there any high end axial caps out there comparable to the Black Gates, Elna, Nichicon?

I have not considered the Vishay, mmm. Will be looking into these guys.

Thanks again everybody! All input is good stuff!

Ok, you want high-end axials? Go Mundorf, for sale here. Pull your wallet... The e-cap might be of your interest, amongst others

FYI: the Vishay bought BC, and BC bought Philips cap division before that. the '021' and '118' models (and any other model from BC for that sake) are the original model codes from Philips era. They just are bloody good caps, but their 'looks' do not look like high-end audio destination.

Ok, you want high-end axials? Go Mundorf, for sale here. Pull your wallet... The e-cap might be of your interest, amongst others

OK, I do love the polys! BUT, my name ain't Rockefeller baby! These are available in such a small form factor? Probably still can't afford them.

FYI: the Vishay bought BC, and BC bought Philips cap division before that. the '021' and '118' models (and any other model from BC for that sake) are the original model codes from Philips era. They just are bloody good caps, but their 'looks' do not look like high-end audio destination.

All right, I think we are getting somewhere. Thank You VERY Much AmpliFire! I hope to be able to find something!

1642952517306.png
1642952517306.png

Yes, I got what I could get. I believe they are all at least 50 volts. I know one of the older caps is 70 vollts, but you can't get that. I will never drive these speakers up that high anyway. Not any more.
I can't believe the complexity of these crossovers. And, I can't believe give the beauty of the cabinet and the speaker compliment that no one can design a new less complicated crossover. I guess they wouldn't sound like KEF 104-2's then, would they?;)