18" Sub Enclosure - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st November 2011, 03:25 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 18" Sub Enclosure

I have an Omega pro 18. I want to make a ported enclosure. First I would like to say I have a pair of Rokit 8's studio monitors and I would like to use this with the to make 2:1 sounds system. I want the amp integrated into my box with all the same jacks and ports you see below. I want one contained unit. You can see the "in" and "out" ports/connection well I need the outs so I can run it to my rokit 8's. The ins would be coming from a external usb sound card with trs out put for left and right. I could get by with just trs and no xlr and rca, but if it did not cost much more to add it would be nice. I have no idea where to find such a amp when ever I search for amps I get car amps and amps for racks and nothing I can really hide in my box.The sub is rated for 800W rms so I as thinking a 700 watt amp. I also have never made a box before, but I do not want it too big. So I am not entirely sure how to approach this project for supplies and parts, but I know what I want. Also I can provide any specs on my drive if you want.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 21st November 2011, 09:35 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have a feeling I posted this in the wrong section after browsing around since I guess my first order of business is to look for an amp with a power supple that can take stero input and bridge it to one output for my driver. Then I need to build the box.

Hide this!Advertise here!