Where do you source your DIY Cables/Hook-up wire, USA? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2011, 11:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Where do you source your DIY Cables/Hook-up wire, USA?

Hi,
I have been looking for cables and it seems that the best places for the cables that I want is TakeFiveAudio and PartsConnexion and they are both in Canada and shipping is kind of bummber for small quantities (per foot). I mean those two stores seem to have the best prices around for wire but I cant find any kind of store in the USA that matches what those two sell.

I am looking for brands like Kimber Kable, Neotech, Belden? From what I've gathered these cables are amongst the best and don't break the bank that much.

Are these the best wire brands out there DIYers use, or there are more?

Im interested in hook up wire for amps/pre-amps, crossovers/speaker wire, speaker wire.

The us stores that I've looked at have some wires that i've never seen before or know about (I am rather new to this but still).
Old 15th November 2011, 11:24 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxgravediggerxz View Post
Hi,
I have been looking for cables and it seems that the best places for the cables that I want is TakeFiveAudio and PartsConnexion and they are both in Canada and shipping is kind of bummber for small quantities (per foot). I mean those two stores seem to have the best prices around for wire but I cant find any kind of store in the USA that matches what those two sell.

I am looking for brands like Kimber Kable, Neotech, Belden? From what I've gathered these cables are amongst the best and don't break the bank that much.

Are these the best wire brands out there DIYers use, or there are more?

Im interested in hook up wire for amps/pre-amps, crossovers/speaker wire, speaker wire.

The us stores that I've looked at have some wires that i've never seen before or know about (I am rather new to this but still).
This place isn't bad:

Blue Jeans Cable -- Quality Cables at Reasonable Prices

Also, you might try Anixter, Graybar, Parts Express. Newark and MCM Electronics to name a few.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:38 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I like monoprice.
Old 16th November 2011, 04:25 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Sonic Craft sells Neotech and Kimber wire. Handmade Electronics sells Kimber. VH Audio also sells Neotech. I have made lots of IC's, and I believe Neotech OCC copper with teflon insulation is the best value available. There might be better wire, but only at a much higher price. I don't care for the sound of Kimber, but some people like it.

Peace,
Tom E
Old 16th November 2011, 12:27 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

"markertek.com" and Have(sp) Cable.

Links:

http://www.markertek.com/
http://store.haveinc.com/default.aspx

Last edited by Speedskater; 16th November 2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added links
Old 16th November 2011, 01:28 PM   #6
data is offline data  Australia
Account disabled at member's request

I use Neotech for hookup and cables from this ebay seller Audio Turntable Accessories items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

He has 20awg and 24 awg in copper, these are my preferences as I'm not a fan of silver wire in general...though he also carries Neotech silver, I have found his service is very good also.

Last edited by data; 16th November 2011 at 01:30 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!