Where do you source your DIY Cables/Hook-up wire, USA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I have been looking for cables and it seems that the best places for the cables that I want is TakeFiveAudio and PartsConnexion and they are both in Canada and shipping is kind of bummber for small quantities (per foot). I mean those two stores seem to have the best prices around for wire but I cant find any kind of store in the USA that matches what those two sell.

I am looking for brands like Kimber Kable, Neotech, Belden? From what I've gathered these cables are amongst the best and don't break the bank that much.

Are these the best wire brands out there DIYers use, or there are more?

Im interested in hook up wire for amps/pre-amps, crossovers/speaker wire, speaker wire.

The us stores that I've looked at have some wires that i've never seen before or know about (I am rather new to this but still).

Hi,
I have been looking for cables and it seems that the best places for the cables that I want is TakeFiveAudio and PartsConnexion and they are both in Canada and shipping is kind of bummber for small quantities (per foot). I mean those two stores seem to have the best prices around for wire but I cant find any kind of store in the USA that matches what those two sell.

I am looking for brands like Kimber Kable, Neotech, Belden? From what I've gathered these cables are amongst the best and don't break the bank that much.

Are these the best wire brands out there DIYers use, or there are more?

Im interested in hook up wire for amps/pre-amps, crossovers/speaker wire, speaker wire.

The us stores that I've looked at have some wires that i've never seen before or know about (I am rather new to this but still).

This place isn't bad:

Blue Jeans Cable -- Quality Cables at Reasonable Prices

Also, you might try Anixter, Graybar, Parts Express. Newark and MCM Electronics to name a few.

Sonic Craft sells Neotech and Kimber wire. Handmade Electronics sells Kimber. VH Audio also sells Neotech. I have made lots of IC's, and I believe Neotech OCC copper with teflon insulation is the best value available. There might be better wire, but only at a much higher price. I don't care for the sound of Kimber, but some people like it.

Peace,
Tom E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.