Samwha 15000 MFd 63WV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently I purchased a few Samwha 15000 MFd 63WV electrolytic capacitors. I checked the Samwha website and to my surprise found that Samwha does not make 15000 MFd 63WV capacitor. The max capacity in HC 63WV range is 12,000 MFD. The can size is 35x40mm. can some one also came across such capacitor. It appears the capacitor is fake. How can I verify with Samwha?.

All the Samwha caps I have seen in authorised dealers were black with golden text. A week ago I needed a 6800uF cap and it was almost 19h here, so I went to a small shop which offered me Samwha with white text. It was fake, the seller was honest and told me it is a fake cap made in China...Anyways, Samwha appears to be the new name of the capacitors division of Samsung. I have used their caps once, very low quality parts, same as Samxon which is used by LG.

I don"t think that Samwha is the type of cap brand that poeple would want to fake , they aren"t boutique or anything , just another genaric capacitor brand , that said I picked up 20 10,000uF 63v Samwah caps a couple years ago for $20 and they are fine caps but nothing someone would want to fake , well not unless they were aiming really low .....

My samwah are dark green with gold lettering ......

Samwha do actually list 15,000uf 63v, I'm actually trying to get hold of some at the moment from the UK distributor the part number is HC1J159M35050HA. Size is 35x50 and they do another 35x60 too. No 35x40 on Samwha's spec sheets so I would say most likely a fake. Samwha's colours vary HC range Dark Green/Gold some are black/white (high volt ranges).

Hope that helps.

Thanks. The capacitor in question withstand 63V. May be it could be genuine material from Samwha but of lower capacity with changed polythene jacket. It is dark green with golden printing. How to measure the actual capacity of this electrolytic capacitor by simple circuit.

Last edited:
A simple way to measure it's value would be to use the equation T=RC. Where you charge the capacitor through a resistor to aprx. 63% of your power supply voltage. Lets say you have a 15 volt power supply and a 1K resistor, T = 1000 * 15000E-6 = 15 seconds to go from 0 to
15 * .63 = 9.45V. In other words connect a 1K resistor to a 15V power supply and count how long ( seconds ) that it takes for the voltage across the capacitor to reach 9.45V. The number of seconds is how many thousands of micro farads that your capacitor is.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.