series cap selection and voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've done some reading regarding various capacitor types and browsed pricing... I'm playing around with some very small boxes (2.2L) for CHR-70 (4" full-range), and have seen others mention a cap in series with the driver to attenuate the bass bump and extend the F3 a smudge lower in the process. Thought I'd give it a listen for kicks. Can anyone give a little guidance in selecting the proper voltage rating? Price will limit my selection to electrolytic (and polymer electrolytic) between 300-330uF. The drivers are rated at 20W 7.2 Ohm Re. They'll be driven by an integrated amp based on the TI TAS5630, which specifies supply voltage to 50V (no idea what the manufacturer actual supplies the chips). Any advice on appropriate voltage rating for the cap would be appreciated... any thoughts on polymer electrolytic vs std would be welcome as well... currently leaning towards Elna RFS (SILMIC II) 330uF (or combination of other sizes if >63V is warranted).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.