fake nichicon capacitor ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can anyone tell me if this is a fake and if it is what are the values to replace it with ? i believe they are from the power supply of my preamp.

Attachments

• nichicon.jpg
    nichicon.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 388
If it already sounds nice, why mess with it? Besides, the well known component manufacturers have moved a lot of production to China, so maybe the only genuine items you're going to get nowadays should be Made in China...

Last edited:
It is possible to get decent products made anywhere the electricity will stay on. The QC people have to be from the host company, have real power to reject, and must wander in from time to time at 3 AM and also on the seventh day, the day after the national holiday, and the day the local sports team is playing.
The paperwork burden in Portugal must be awful. Farnell's US affiliate is selling this 1000 hour 85 deg c cap for $2.57, NICHICON|LLS2W101MELA|CAPACITOR ALUM ELEC 100UF, 450V | Newark.com and this 3000 hour 105 deg C cap for $5.http://www.newark.com/nichicon/lgn2h121melz45/capacitor-alum-elec-120uf-500v/dp/27T9815

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.