Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2011, 11:18 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default HiFi 2000 and Modushop.biz

Has anyone used Modushop.biz recently?

I sent an email to info@modushop.biz 4 days ago but have not received a response. Has anyone had recent experience with emailing them? I would have expected a response within a few days.

thanks

Nigel
Old 21st October 2011, 11:45 AM   #2
cjkpkg is offline cjkpkg  United States
diyAudio Member

never emailed them but I did order a 4u chassis from them about 3 weeks ago and it came within 10 days to the USA...
Old 21st October 2011, 12:18 PM   #3
SRMcGee is offline SRMcGee  United States
diyAudio Member

Nigel:

I've ordered from them a few times and always received my order, but invariably have had to pursue them a little. This was a good thing, because a couple of times they didn't include in their confirming quote to me exactly what I had asked for. I suspect that whoever responds to emails for the company isn't terribly comfortable with English, which would explain why the simplest and most concise of my e-mails were the ones most likely to receive a satisfying response.

In the end, it was worth the (small) hassle, because their products appear to be the best ready-made commercial options around these days.

Hope this helps and good luck with your project.

Regards,
Scott
Old 21st October 2011, 12:23 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Used them a short while ago (have bought about 7 cases off of them) and they were fine. SRMcGee is right about the language barrier though, but given enough time and encouragement they have always resolved my queries in a satisfying manner.
Old 21st October 2011, 01:23 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Something is wrong this week.
I placed an order on Sunday and up to now only had the automated response.
The payment did go through.

In the past communication, service and product have always been very good.
Shipping especially is usually impressive, 3-4 days to Canada and bullet-proof packaging.
Old 21st October 2011, 11:09 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thanks very much for all of the responses. Sounds like I should try again with a more simple email. I am trying to discover if they would also perform rear panel drilling - I am mounting a lout of XLRs and PowerCons.

One extra question, if you are using the front drilling service and supplying a DXG/DXF file that is only 2D (I am generating in Corel Draw), how do you specify the depth of a hole if you don't want it to go all of the way through? e.g. a stepped hole for a volume knob, to enable a nice recessed look.

thanks again

Nigel
Old 23rd October 2011, 08:19 AM   #7
Shamron is offline Shamron  Norway
diyAudio Member

I have purchased 5 cases from them and the service have been top notch. Delivery from Italy to Norway in 5-6 days. Once the mail service tried to deliver the package but i wasnt home so it started to take some time and after 3-4 weeks, i mailed Andrea at Modushop and he offered to call his local mail agent.

Meanwhile, i called UPS in Norway and after 15 minutes we had both found out that the package was still in Norway and UPS brought it out again the next day.

Taking the time to check up on prosessed orders and making international calls to get an answer, that's good service.

Let's hope he's just out, walking a REALLY huge dog. :-P

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

The cases are nice, the heatsinks works well and it got a minimalistic look.

Ben.-
Old 23rd October 2011, 04:57 PM   #8
jaq is offline jaq  England
diyAudio Member

I used them this year and didn't have any problems, any email I sent them was quickly replied to within a day. You can get both the back and front custom drilled and engraved. For the depth I would just put a note on the drawing specifying the depth and on which side you need it.

Neil
Old 25th October 2011, 10:59 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the suggestion Neil
Old 25th October 2011, 11:55 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

My problem turned out to be a 'random' Paypal transaction audit and account verification.

(Paypal did not have any problem instantaneously taking the money from my credit card though...)

So Modushop still has a 100% recommendation from my side.

Last edited by discrete; 25th October 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!