HiFi 2000 and Modushop.biz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Nigel:

I've ordered from them a few times and always received my order, but invariably have had to pursue them a little. This was a good thing, because a couple of times they didn't include in their confirming quote to me exactly what I had asked for. I suspect that whoever responds to emails for the company isn't terribly comfortable with English, which would explain why the simplest and most concise of my e-mails were the ones most likely to receive a satisfying response.

In the end, it was worth the (small) hassle, because their products appear to be the best ready-made commercial options around these days.

Hope this helps and good luck with your project.

Regards,
Scott

Something is wrong this week.
I placed an order on Sunday and up to now only had the automated response.
The payment did go through.

In the past communication, service and product have always been very good.
Shipping especially is usually impressive, 3-4 days to Canada and bullet-proof packaging.

Thanks very much for all of the responses. Sounds like I should try again with a more simple email. I am trying to discover if they would also perform rear panel drilling - I am mounting a lout of XLRs and PowerCons.

One extra question, if you are using the front drilling service and supplying a DXG/DXF file that is only 2D (I am generating in Corel Draw), how do you specify the depth of a hole if you don't want it to go all of the way through? e.g. a stepped hole for a volume knob, to enable a nice recessed look.

thanks again

Nigel

I have purchased 5 cases from them and the service have been top notch. Delivery from Italy to Norway in 5-6 days. Once the mail service tried to deliver the package but i wasnt home so it started to take some time and after 3-4 weeks, i mailed Andrea at Modushop and he offered to call his local mail agent.

Meanwhile, i called UPS in Norway and after 15 minutes we had both found out that the package was still in Norway and UPS brought it out again the next day.

Taking the time to check up on prosessed orders and making international calls to get an answer, that's good service.

Let's hope he's just out, walking a REALLY huge dog. :p

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

The cases are nice, the heatsinks works well and it got a minimalistic look.

Ben.-

I used them this year and didn't have any problems, any email I sent them was quickly replied to within a day. You can get both the back and front custom drilled and engraved. For the depth I would just put a note on the drawing specifying the depth and on which side you need it.

Neil

This is a Mini Dissipante 2u frontplate.
What is the marked groove?

Attachments

• IMG_20210218_111851.jpg
    IMG_20210218_111851.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 107
Gianluca of Modushop who also frequents these forums has always been fast to respond, delivers great service and his english is just as good as this forum´s standard.

Keep in mind that lots of people are working massively reduced hours or even 0% due to Covid; delays should be expected in these times.
In germany every third company is making use of this "short-time-work" which is financed by the government.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.