Mundorf SI+

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For what it is worth, I found this statement on hificollective: ''Mundorf is converting over "all" SI caps to the new PI configuration...the PI types have the same terminal spacing as the SI, but the lead material itself is vastly superior (tinned OFHC copper...non-magnetic; instead of clad steel for the SI)''

But damned, it's hard to find datasheets on either one ! I couldn't find something within 20 minutes !

Search for Mundorf. It will be a German website. Open it and click on US flag. Then choose downloads. Then choose 2011 catalogue. It lists all of their products. The four conductor caps should had two small and two large leads. The diagrams will tell you which is which. Regards John Dozier

The four pins are not all the same. The pin that is closest the center of the capacitor is negative output. The postitive output is opposite. Looking at the bottom of the capacitor, the negative input is to the left, where the positive input to the right. I hope this helps.

Dennis

The picture is not very clear. Usually the - is knurled. The + smooth.

The pin that is closest the center of the capacitor is negative output. The postitive output is opposite.
That negative pin also is also the "other" way round.

Not too shure all three are + come to think of it. (So my pic might be wrong)(but you could easily check for that with a multimeter)

Attachments

• 4fa08b93-48ec-6d0b.jpg
    4fa08b93-48ec-6d0b.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
The capacitor pictured in post# 1 is definitely a Mundorf MLYTIC - SI+. This is Mundorf's discontinued 4 pole electrolytic capacitor. It may have the same pin assignments as a Jensen; however, this may have been done so it could be used as a drop-in alternative to the Jensen.

Dennis

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I have some two pole ones that I'll be using in a A400 restoration, but not there yet.

But I did use the M-lytic HV type in my amp and was impressed with the difference, but my amp shows component differences more than any I have heard.

Safe to say they should be of top quality, up there with Jensen's from what I have read :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.