Wago cage clamp sucks - or - the best connector in the world?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cocolino said:

Hi peranders,

would You mind to explain why this is the best (audio) connector?

I have used this connectors in a project 5 years ago but wasn`t aware that they should be "so" good. I`ve simply choosed them because they`re avaible in nice different colours and because they fit in this particular application so well.
Usually I rather shy away from spring contacts and feel more comfortable using solid srew-type connectors but this is just because of my gut-feeling and actually there might be some good reasons to use those Wago.
My statement was only to tease a little bit but seriously, they are good. They are so good that the car industry likes them and also traction (trains) and ships.

Can anyone explain why every big company are very fast in starting production of cage clamp connectors now when the patent has run out? It must be something. I know why. :nod:

BTW: I was looking at ww.wago.com and this website won't win any prizes. Wago company has paid some web guru and he has made it cool but useless. Try to find someting useful WITH a small screen!

As a beautful contrast, the printed material is one of the best. Excellent photos showing the products in real environment. Noone is better!

Can anyone explain why every big company are very fast in starting production of cage clamp connectors now when the patent has run out? It must be something. I know why.

I'm just going to take the obvious guess and say that other manufactures didn’t want to pay license fees to them. It might also be that Wago would not license the design to others for either market or quality control.

Neat stuff. Works great in the chassis I’ve run across with it. It looks kind of pricey.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.