Jakarta: where to find speakers and passive components?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can start by Glodok Plaza. It's somewhere in the China Town. Several hundreds of shops, but don't expect to find Hi Tech wonders, it's mostly the crappiest stuff that man can made. Anyway, it's something that can be seen from an audio touristic point of view. Beware of the taxi bill, because of scam and permanent traffic jam.

@ col: You can try at Lindeteves Trade Center or Glodok Plaza. Most of them are just regular stuff, but if you are looking for the high end stuff like Telefunken tube, Mullard, Black Gate, Audio Note, Shinkoh, Seiden, Mundorf etc you can go to Wibowo Electronic (Glodok Plaza) or Bella Audio (Lindeteves Trade Center). YOu can also check via website Bella-Audio

If it's like this, you are in the good place. Before investing, you can take a look to the specs of the local speaker manufacturer ACR,( scroll down the page). Specs are honest, prices ridiculous. Some of their products are exported to US and EU under other brands.

PS :thx tyo, I was'nt aware of these shops, if you know also something for speakers, don't hesitate.

Last edited:
Thanks tyo, but I knew the link already, the catalog is beautiful, prices are not crazy if considering the shipping.
Anyway, this gives to think of the comparative value of some industrial products, for the price of a pair of PHY-HP KM30, we could buy an honest second hand Kijiang...glups !

sinar baja makes SB Acoustic, with the help of norwegian engineers.

i find that Mal Mangga Dua is one of the good places for mid-fi hi-end stuffs.
some have pretty good deal.
For diy stuff, i went to harco before to buy, but honestly not many choices there also.

cheers
henry

Henry, thanks for the info on SB Acoustics, I was not paying great attention to them since now and finally they have some fine products if efficiency is not a priority. If the ratio price/value is still the same, they can be real bargain too.

Looks like sinar baja is learning a lot. They have recently developed a seemingly good line of PA cone speakers, but the compressions need still some improvement. After all, they have a huge domestic market for PA and little by little the people have more quality exigence.

Go here for components : Wibowo Audio (call or send sms, the owner doesn't always respond to email), nice selection of audio grade caps, resistor & enclosures.

For ready made product, go to Mall Mangga Dua.

I suggest that you should really know where to go in Jakarta just to save your time due to the crazy traffic jams there.

@ col: You can try at Lindeteves Trade Center or Glodok Plaza. Most of them are just regular stuff, but if you are looking for the high end stuff like Telefunken tube, Mullard, Black Gate, Audio Note, Shinkoh, Seiden, Mundorf etc you can go to Wibowo Electronic (Glodok Plaza) or Bella Audio (Lindeteves Trade Center). YOu can also check via website Bella-Audio

Looks like a may have a small install job to do at my school.
I wanted to use 100v line but budget won't stretch so it's a small PA amp and 8 ohm tackle to suit. I'll have to series and parallel speakers to get 8 ohms with 8 speakers.
I'll try the two places mentioned above when I wander out for a jaunt on Saturday.

Just in case anyone has the right kit.

I have a grand total of Rp2 juta to play with.

That has to cover a small amp able to take a single mic input and at least one line in, a mic (desk would be nice) and eight, 8 ohm speakers (Full range but small, maybe 4 inch base units) or 6 at 100v if an amp and speakers are available in that price range.

I realise it's a very limited budget but my hands are tied.

On the off chance anyone is so board as to be interested or in need of a sub Rp2 million system for an office or school, I found the kit I needed in Lindeteves Trade Center.

All Toa 100v stuff as well. only a 30w amp so not much of a chance to add extra speakers but it'll do the job.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.