Best cheap capacitor brands?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm composing kits to build a small analog filter with the goal to offer them at the best price possible without making profit. Since I order 100+ units of each part (at Farnell) I get some nice discounts.

I have already made my decision on the 10uf cap which will be a Panasonic (which I can get for 8 cents a piece). I am unsure about the ceramic caps though. There are two 100nf and two 680pf caps for each filter. I prefer the cost to be as low as possible, yet still offer good quality.

For the 100nf caps, I can choose between Multicomp, Vishay, AVX and Kemet. Is one of these brands good enough for my purpose? The cost shouldn't be more than €0,1 or $0,14 a piece for 100pcs.

For the 680pf caps, I'm thinking of these Vishay caps at €0,05 a piece.

This is the schematic:

oYgqg.jpg

It's an analog LP/HP filter. The design is the same as the filter of the Korg MS20. So far I have these caps in mind:

Panasonic 10uf elcap
Vishay 680p ceramic cap
Panasonic 100nf film cap

I'm also thinking that maybe using cheap ceramic caps is the best thing to do, regardless of price. After all these were used in the Korg MS20 as well and may be the best choice for a more authentic sound? The MS20 filter was harsh sounding and that's exactly the appeal of this filter. It would no longer be interesting if it sounds smooth.

Still not sure about the caps...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.