GOLDPOINT-OR D.A.C.T 24 STEP ATTENUATORS WHICH IS THE BEST???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, I'm changing my ALPS BLUE VELVET VOL-POT to a STEPPED ATTENUATOR: Out of the two The GOLDPOINT MINI-V OR
THE D.A.C.T CT-2 24 Step Attenuators which is the best volume control???.

The ALPS VOL-POT- is housed in a 20yr old solid state PRE-AMP!!!+ Is,
20yrs old as well .

I'm limiting Myself to these 2 units mainly Because of cost's of buying in From the, U.S.A. Unless anyone has got a recommendation for a better Attenuator,
At around the £100.00 to £150.00 Price mark???

Many thanks, Nick.

Hi Nick, I have been using the Goldpoint Mini V for about 3 years now in my DIY pre amp and I have only good things to say about it. The only neg is that it is quite expensive at 150 USD.

I looked at a lot of ready made attenuators and picked the GP and have not looked back. One caveat though, the GP is fairly large and square and careful planning is needed to make sure it will fit. Ask me how I know that, LOL!

Other than that I can recommend it highly.

I have been using the GOLDPOINT mini-V on my upgraded preamp for a year : the improvement they made compared to the original NOBLE black potentiometer is incredible.
In addition, the GOLDPOINT are small (easy to locate in a cabinet) and are available in the 25kohms impedance if you need (I needed this impedance) whereas the DACT are availble in 20k but not in 25k.

So I recommend the GOLDPOINT : they are truly excellent and a lot of friends around confirm their astonishing quality (this is not a criticism over the DACT, just a recommendation for the GOLDPOINT).

Regarding the KHOZMO, I had read 1 or 2 years ago , that they had delivery problems (some persons complained they had never received their order) and the quality was not always emphasized by the buyers: but I cannot find the post where these pbs had been related, and maybe they are over. Undoubtly the most beautiful part to see.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.