Fairchild transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I've just been looking at the fairchild site and note that they seem to have stopped producing the high gain (F) classes of their KSCxx, 2SCxx and 2Nxx series transistors. The highest available now is the E or sometimes even only the D class which in the to126 devices usually represents a Hfe below 150.

Would these transistors still make a good choice for amplifier construction or should I be looking elsewhere?

Any thoughts on some good substitutes that are still in production and available from major retailers?

Thanks,

Greg.

Last edited:
Fairchild was a 1st generation brand name of National Semiconductor. National was just bought by TI. So some parts that are duplicated in the TI catalog are being superceded by the TI versions. I presume this, because the fairchild versions are on sale at my favorite distributor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.