Dealing with Selectronique

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I am trying to buy two R core transformers from selectronique in France. Two emails earlier this month did not receive an answer but a third in which I stated the part numbers of the items i required received a reply within the hour asking for my account and delivery addresses which I supplied. That was eight days ago since then no pro forma or any other emails. Now one part is out of stock and I've offered to buy a bigger traffo but this again has not been responded to. Am I being impatient[used to dealing with Farnell and next day delivery] or are this company just slow?
Should I just bite the bullet and deal with ebay.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Had the same problem last year. Selectronic is friendly but slow and inattentive; where Farnell quickly executes a standard procedure, Selectronic doesn't care, so I had to pester them with e-mails to move my order through. "Where is my stuff - I paid three weeks ago?" - "Oh, we do not accept credit cards anymore" - "No one told me, and my card was charged?" - "We're very sorry, but you have to reorder" - "I did reorder and paid by bank transfer, where is my stuff now?" - "Oh we didn't check our bank account for two weeks, we'll get back to you", and so on. It was like buying hand-crafted pottery in Italy, where everyone is on summer vacation, and there is no chance of getting what you need until all the required people come back and feel like working for few hours. But you'll get your R-cores at some point.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.