Anyone know what these are?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I ran across some of these shiny semi-conductors... i figured it would be quicker to ask here than try to figure out where to look on the net.

dave
planet10/lost when it comes to SS

Attachments

• semis.jpg
    semis.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 363
Interesting... Mine actually came out of a power supply that I believe was originally for a UNIVAC computer. I've used the old chassis for my next project, the 900W per channel amp.

The transistors must have been the very best of their time, especially with their current and power ratings. Mine will to 30A but they are a slightly different type from yours.

Yeah, I have a few 441's actually. I've never seen them used in a radio with tubes. But I've seen many radios with just solid state using a 441 for the output... Lol, it was at least class A, you have to give it that.

I think if they're pushed hard enough one could get respectable bandwidth out of them. I've seen some circuits that get amazing bandwidth out of some really slow old transistors. Transistors that could almost pass as 3pin caps! :bigeyes:

Hi,

Probably you can squeeze out sufficient bandwidth if you use them in pure class-A (with a pair of AD161/162 as drivers). Ft usually rises to some extend with fair amounts of current through them. As far I can remember Ft was something like 10 kHz. But you cannot get much power out of them. Max. junction temperature of germanium transistors is something of 90 deg. C. and Vce_max is 40V.

Cheers ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.