Where to find quality capasitors? All I see is OUT OF STOCK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
F&T or Sprague Atom Electrolytic Caps I can’t seem to find a supplier who caries a full line. I mean really? Most (guitar amp) schematics show using 22uF@450vdc & 33uF@450vdc. But no one has any of these caps in F&T or Sprague. The only brand I’ve been able to find this rating in is EPCOS & Chinese stuff I don’t want in my amp.

Q, 1. Source with either of these is stock?

Q, 2. Any one have experience with EPCOS? I saw some test they appear to be ok but leakage was not part of the test, only values.

Last edited by a moderator:
EPCOS has NOTHING to do with Chinese crap (capacitors).
They do only high(est) quality components (not only capacitors).
It`s a spin off from formerly Siemens Matsushita Components (German-Japanese joint venture). Today it`s part of TDK-EPC Corporation (Japan).

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
F&T or Sprague Atom Electrolytic Caps I can’t seem to find a supplier who caries a full line. I mean really? Most (guitar amp) schematics show using 22uF@450vdc & 33uF@450vdc. But no one has any of these caps in F&T or Sprague. The only brand I’ve been able to find this rating in is EPCOS & Chinese stuff I don’t want in my amp.

Q, 1. Source with either of these is stock?

Q, 2. Any one have experience with EPCOS? I saw some test they appear to be ok but leakage was not part of the test, only values.

F&T
High Voltage Can Capacitors (F&T)

;)

I've been using 2000-8000 hour rated Nichicon and Panasonic caps from mouser and newark in tube voltages. Use these recapping Hammond organ and dynakit amps. They both sell garbage life 1000 hour lines also, look at the selector table on newark or download the datasheet from mouser. Nichicons are found in motor drives (TB Woods) that survive years in the burner compartment of industrial ovens. These are radial lead caps. Nichicon are all Japanese, Panasonic are Japanese and occasionally USA. I've got an EPCOS film motor cap on one organ (3.3 uf 330 VAC), works fine but was made in C****. I've bought some united chemicon radial tube voltage caps, made in c**** but initial quality has been fine. they have the >2000 hour life ratings.
FP tall can tube voltage caps come from tubesandmore.com and triodeelectronics.com. Initial quality on the 5 I have bought has been fine, but they are not rated for life. They are made in USA on equipment purchased from Mallory.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.