RCA Jack Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been trying to draw up an alternative which could be used for Solid Core Wires for gauges 22awg+.

The only Co. that has a totally metal free RCA is 47Labs that I am aware of. I have a set ,but am really not impressed with the design. I think there can be improvemented in order to get a better contact and a permanent connection.

My first question is if anyone knows of a design besides the 47Labs version?

Secondly,would their be a market for such an RCA Plug for Home Audio? I could make Permanent connections for IC's for home use.

Third,what is the maximum allowence for the OD does normal Home Audio RCA measure or Is there a standard?

I might have drawn up a good design which would be very flexible for how someone would want to wire it for experimentation purposes. The Center Pin could be interchanged to accomadate various gauges of wire down to a certain AWG. All Plastic in design.

I do have machining and CNC experience and this does not seem like a very hard thing to accomplish!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.