Capacitors found, have you used these?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have found these FKP capacitors cheap, and have never used this type before.

Have any of you used these in your tube circuits, and if you have, are they any good?

I am asking, prior to purchasing the entire lot for cheap, but I don't want a bunch of useless junk in the shop if you know what I mean.

Thank You for your time,

Michael (mltube)

Attachments

• Capacitor 001.jpg
    Capacitor 001.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Hello, Wavebourn

All filter capacitors I tried were exceptional. Subjectively I prefer those that have bunch of UL, CE, and other certificates.
Thank you for the quick reply, and great information.

I will be picking these up then (50 qty) for 5 cents each, so I guess I won't worry about documentation this time, and just use them. :) They will more than likely sound better than some of the caps I have been using that are much more $.

Thank you again,

Michael (mltube)

hello.
these are high quality polypropylene film caps made by wima (germany). used in power applications (monitors,switched mode psu,.......). datasheets should be available.
blue case = old style,without rohs conformity.perhaps that is the reason why they are so cheap.
the new ones (with rohs) have a red case with a yellow bottom.

It is the classic capacitor you find in (CRT) TV boards, in the high voltage section. They have a yellow bottom, like the other WIMAs. They are found in every electronic parts shop here. I got some, but i found them difficult to use in point to -point wiring.

off topic: Wavebourn, what happened, you grew up instantly? :p

Reguarding the FKP-1 caps

A big thank you goes out to everyone!!!

These were new to me, so I thought of asking the people I trust the most, out here.

I have seen similar caps in tv power sections before, but these are much larger than the ones that I have. (more than likely due to the age ?)

As far as being fakes, not likely as I am buying them from a 86yr old man who has much NOS parts and has not ordered anything new in the last 20yrs because of the large supply warehouse. (His hobby business)

(I had to scrape a 1/8" of dust off the top of the box these were in...)

Anyway, enough rambling here, Just a local lucky spot :p.

Have a great day everyone,

Michael (mltube)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.