Potentiometer question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
or you can use small bevel gears, on extention shaft

but really, I don't understand question
any stereo pot controls both channels

but true
you can have balance control and volume in one, with special dual shaft pot, and a split knob
may not be easy to find

you may find a special guitar pot with double funtions, for treble and bass

Just get yourself a dual pot of the same value and wire it as is. But remember, all the assemblies for the two channels should be in one chassis.

The balance pot will be a bit tricky to connect.

If both the channels r in one chassis, then use dual pots in place of single in one channel/mounting and leave the other channel single pots without connection.

Gajanan Phadte

like i have a preamp for each channel
both preamps have pots for volume, bass, treble, balance
instead of having 2 volume, 2 bass, 2 treble, and 2 balance pots
i want to have 1 for each
Why does each channel have a balance control? That borders on useless. I would suggest making a passive volume & balance box that you connect between your source and your preamps. Learn to live with the separate bass and treble controls.

Err.. how can you balance ONE thing? Balance is an action that involves always at least two parties: the ground and a person, two audio channels, two voltage potentials.

Maybe it's not really a balance control but a gain control?

Are you sure you have two monoblock preamps? That doesn't make boatloads of sense to me, but even if you do either do what sofaspud told you and just make a volume/balance box and put it before the pre in the chain.

Or just get a bigger enclosure, put both boards in it and use a dual gang pot for each control (one for 2channel volumes etc).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.