Rockauto Do Not Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all.Rockauto.com refused to accept $50. Worth of bearings that would not fit.I am over there 30 day return time frame.I would call that pretty poor customer service. I suggest to everyone not to buy from them.Went to advance auto parts & got what I needed.Tom

A little confused about the problem, exactly. Did they ship the wrong bearing when they had accurate application information? Should be a return, since it's their fault, even after the 30-day window.

Did you spec the wrong bearing? Should be bearings for lunch for you tomorrow ... they're delicious ... or return them within the window for "your fault" returns.

My good friend sold bearings for years ... you take a micrometer, measure the thing, and get the perfect bearing, fits perfectly and I'm talking tens of thousandths of an inch perfectly, press fit, interference fit, drop-in fit, whatever.

Takes him about two minutes, most of that time involving walking to a bin in the warehouse. That's with no OEM part number whatsoever. Most have legible data right on the bearing. With the correct cross-reference, it's even faster. I'm not really sure how you can get a wrong bearing if you either have the original or the correct OEM data. There's only a few kinds that exist and they're the same worldwide; unless it's available ONLY from the OEM which for automotive use I find unlikely.

Last edited:
This post belongs in the lounge--------
but, I've used Rock Auto for years, and have had very good service from them, including a recently returned item. Due to poor spelling and sentence structure, it's somewhat difficult to understand, but it appears that "dognut" attempted to return the parts, after the 30 day limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.