Pot Sources, 100KA dual carbon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've spent many hours trying to find a good 100KA dual pot with 1/4 inch or 6mm shaft that does not have built in tapped cheater resistor like perhaps all the plastic dielectric ones do (I learned about this the hard way with TKD pots). I want to use it in a james style passive tone control circuit, where the cheater resistor approach screws it up badly. All I came up with in the end was the PEC at $35 each and the Alphas at $2.50 each. The PEC pots may be great (2 watt and military approved) but the specs are 10%, and channel tracking wasn't spec'd, and they're sealed so can't be cleaned if they get noisy down the road, and the shaft being stainless steel is a hassle for me to cut to the right length. I bought a bunch of Alpha's, and measured them for channel tracking and found them to be pretty good, and they are spray cleanable, but I have to wonder if that's really the best pot that will do this job?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.