BHC T-Network vs Jensen 4 pole 10,000uF/63V - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th April 2011, 03:04 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default BHC T-Network vs Jensen 4 pole 10,000uF/63V

Has anybody compared as filter main PSU cap the BHC T-Network slit foil vs Jensen 4 pole 10,000uF @ 63V

I have on hand the Jensen 4 pole 10.000uF/63V but before to buy the BHC T-Network slit foil I want to know your opinion.

Cheers
Felipe
Old 1st July 2011, 09:52 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I would be very interested to hear any experiences on comparisons made between the four pole alternatives and between four pole and other good quality caps.

BTW Iīve just seen these four poles: ALC10C103EC063 on farnell and RS. Does anyone know these BHCīs and are they a proper four pole filter caps like the Jensens and the DNM BHC T-net?

best regards,

Last edited by Juhleren; 1st July 2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 2nd July 2011, 11:06 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

ALC10C103EC063 on farnell and RS are note slit foil & T-Network technology.
Old 2nd July 2011, 11:44 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

It seems the extra pins are for making a more mechanically stable connection and doesnīt conduct then...

Concerning the jensen vs BHC/DNM, I havenīt found any reports on how they compare, but looking at the specs they differ regarding current capability and filter properties. The DNM roughly doubles the current capability of the jensen but show significantly less filter effect. Maybe the DNM betters in power applications, where the Jensen may better it in noise sensitive applications like preamps and source equipment... Some power supply constructors (also for power amps) reports the Jensen to be the superior of all caps, but they donīt mention the DNM; what to make of it, I donīt know

cheers,

Last edited by Juhleren; 2nd July 2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 2nd July 2011, 12:31 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhleren View Post
It seems the extra pins are for making a more mechanically stable connection and doesnīt conduct then...

right

Concerning the jensen vs BHC/DNM, I havenīt found any reports on how they compare, but looking at the specs they differ regarding current capability and filter properties. The DNM roughly doubles the current capability of the jensen but show significantly less filter effect. Maybe the DNM betters in power applications, where the Jensen may better it in noise sensitive applications like preamps and source equipment... Some power supply constructors (also for power amps) reports the Jensen to be the superior of all caps, but they donīt mention the DNM; what to make of it, I donīt know

more current it's better for power amp as you said, I don't need for power amp so more or less you have answered my question, thank you

cheers,

Hide this!Advertise here!