|Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|30th March 2011, 04:20 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2009
Flexible coaxial cable for phono IC
Can anyone suggest some decent (as in durable, made of copper and nicely finished) cable that doesn't cost the earth? My wish-list:
1. Needs to be coaxial - got these fancy phono connectors I want to try, that have a screw that simply "digs" into the outer layer, meaning you don't need to solder the ground if you have a braided outer sheath.
2. Needs to be flexible - the thick solid core and inflexible dielectric stuff you hook up your satellite receiver to the dish is no good.
3. Total diameter needs to be 8mm or just under - the connectors I want to use are big and anything smaller will mean the screw won't hold it
4. Need to be able to buy it in the UK or other EU
5. Need to be able to buy a few (let's say 10) meters, rather than a mile of it.
6. Bonus if outer conductor is braid plus thin foil of sorts, although that may be hard given I need flexibility. This is really an extra to decrease the chance that the screw will not lose contact with the braid at some point in the future.
7. Don't want to pay £5 a meter for it - copper isn't that expensive and neither is PVC!
Any suggestions? Would anyone like to sell some to me?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Flexible Cable||Kral57||Everything Else||0||10th September 2008 06:21 PM|
|coaxial loudspeaker cable ???||montana||Multi-Way||1||11th April 2008 03:44 PM|
|Coaxial Cable Capacitance||-_nando-_||Parts||2||17th March 2007 04:13 PM|
|microphone cable vs coaxial cable||Leolabs||Parts||4||31st August 2006 10:24 AM|
|Ribbon made of flexible flat cable||APi||Planars & Exotics||7||21st July 2005 11:59 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|