looking for toroidal equivelant to transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have built two kit amps and run them on their own transformers and power supply circuits.

the kits are here: http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productVi...&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=557

basically, the transformers are CT 28v secondaries (240v primary). the power supply kits output +/-40v. the way this works etc is of no problem to me, i understand all the theories.

now i'm also guessing that if i buy a toroidal that has two secondaries of 25v, i can wire them in series, with say wire A of the first secondary being 'negative' 25v, wire B of the first and wire A of the second being 0v, and wire B of the second being 'positive' 25v. but that's about 6vrms less power i'm feeding it. that means less power, doesn't it? i don't think i'll find a toroidal of 28v secondaries, but i don't know wether i'll be able to find one with 30v secondaries either (which i guess the amp SHOULD be able to handle).

my main reasons for changing to a toroidal are:
- magnetic fields
- single toroidal for 2 channel amp
- lower profile

I would really appreciate any help. i also realise it is basically impossible to tell me whether the amp will be able to handle more than 28v CT, and the power supply for that matter too, but i am willing to take a slight risk.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.