Bryston amp circuitry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, just read an old thread here regarding OLD bryston amps. "Anatech" mentioned that there are a few ways to "improve" overall sound without completely redesigning the circuitry.

I recently received a 2nd 2B from a friend who had it in storage after blowing one channel. The other 2B I own I've had for about 22 yrs (1980 model). I've completely recapped it (replacing tantalums w/lytics, new PSU cans, etc...) and have also replaced all the old carbon resistors with Vishay/Dale RN60 1% Metal films. Replaced old 10K trimpots with 25 turn bourns pots.

Looking @ the old schematics I have, I see bryston made several changes to the 2B circuit over the years. Even though I'm quite capable of replacing components etc. with good success, I still consider myself a "newbie" to electronics DIY since I lack the "know-how" to change/redesign circuitry layout!

Any help/advice (from Anatech or anyone else) on possible changes/upgrades to the 2B circuit would be sincerely appreciated!

Also looking to verify output replacements for 2N3773 / 2N6609 since the 6609's are near impossible to find (one place I found wants $18 each). So far, I've been advised to use MJ15003 / MJ15004.

B-

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/116472-br6521-br6522-power-transistors-bryston-amp-2.html

`

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.