Omron Relay Replacement for Nikko TRM-800

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Like many other old amplifiers, my Nikko TRM-800 appears to have a less than ideal relay as the sound seems to 'punch' in and out if I crank the volume up. I've opened the amp up and began tapping on the relay case which did noticeably make a difference on the output which confirmed my suspicions.

So I removed the old relay in order to clean the relay contacts, and then soldered it back onto the board and I must have cleaned it too well because now there is no sound at all, no matter what volume setting.

Anyways, I'm looking for an equivalent replacement relay to the Omron MY2-0-US-DC24 relay which was originally used in this amp. Does anyone know an equivalent relay available today? The best I could find was an MY2-DC24 which I'm not sure will work or not as I do not know too much about them.

Thanks for the help,
Tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.