touch plate switches???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm going to build a line preamp and would love to use touch plate switching technology. I researched chips that would support this, but they all seem to require a CPU. I'm trying to find touch plate chips that put out a separate control voltage for each touchplate, something I can buffer and drive a small latching relay with. or at least a binary output that I can decode with a binary to base 10 converter chip. Any help on this would be appreciated much.

Thanks much. I've also found a few others on the web that appear to be useful for someone who doesn't write code. I've wanted to use touchplates for decades, I think since I saw the movie A Clockwork Orange in the late 60's. Now I just need a good clear conductant that you can paint onto frosted plexiglas. That way I can backlight the touch plate/knobule fully, with an LED. Anyone know where I can get paintable (dipable) clear conductant? This is going to be SO COOL!!!

I don't know about clear conductive paint, but you can buy sheets of clear acetate coated in Indium Tin Oxide - I think I even got some free samples from somewhere. You could cut pieces out and place them behind your perspex panel. Alternatively you can make electrodes from extremely fine wires which would be practically invisible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.