Where to buy li-ion battery packs in Europe? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th February 2011, 07:46 AM   #1
Hitec is offline Hitec  Finland
diyAudio Member

Default Where to buy li-ion battery packs in Europe?

I have been looking for a li-ion battery pack (like this, 14.8V, 25.2Ah, 373Wh, with protections) for a boom blaster but only found those in USA. Are there any battery suppliers for this kind of li-ion packs in Europe
Old 8th February 2011, 12:04 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Isn't there really any in Europe? Advertisers where are you? This seems to be a good candidate for the battery but still not from Europe.
Old 8th February 2011, 12:18 PM   #3
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

if that were a lead/acid it would just about start a car engine in warmer weather.
How heavy is the lion?
Old 8th February 2011, 12:37 PM   #4
joe58 is offline joe58  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Have you tried rc car batteries?? They've made the move to lion's. Heres a link to a website I used in the past when used to do rc cars for an example. Don't know if they quite what you want but was just a thought, as rc stuff is also big in europe and lots of shops.

Dynamite 11.1V 5300mAh 25C LiPo Pack (Deans) DYN5370D
Old 9th February 2011, 07:08 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks for replies. I have not tried any RC car batteries as they tend to be quite expensive for the energy they store. 4S configuration would be nice for my application; the amplifier push-pull PSU works fine with 11.1-20V (I think even higher).

AndrewT: Yes li-ions are marvellous . The li-ion battery (we need two of those sanyo packs) is ~2kg/370Wh and our present lead-acid battery (or four 4.5Ah in parallel) is ~8kg/216Wh. So I could almost double the listening time while reducing the weight to about fourth of the present battery weight

Hide this!Advertise here!