Quality Components and Parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone I'm new here and to the DIY world of audio electronics so please go easy on me and bare with me :D Being a n00b to this new 'hobby' I have encountered some n00b issues and questions when it comes to parts and components so I am hoping to create a useful resource with this thread and
hope the administrators will take note of this and make it sticky-please!

I want to create a thread here for myself and other DIYers to answer the same questions that i have had and to serve as a resource for future n00bs and component searchers

I want this thread to serve the purpose of

1. Describing the best/most efficient online stores stocking most component and parts
2. Describe the best quality manufacturers of components and parts
3. Inform DIYers of manufacturers / Stores to stay away from!!

So if we broke it down into categories of

Passive Components (Resistors, Capacitors etc..)

Semiconductors (Ds, ICs etc..)

Transformers

Power Supplies

Tubes

Wire & Cable

(and others you may be able to think of)

So For example:

Passive Components (Resistors, Capacitors etc..)
Company A (USA) - metal film - www,companyA,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100

Company B (UK) - Carbon composite - www,companyB,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100

Semiconductors (Ds, ICs etc..)
Company A (USA) - www,companyA,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100 - excellent for 'application A' and Projects with the goal of 'A'

Company B (UK) - www,companyB,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100 - never use these they are poor in quality

Transformers
Company A (USA) - www,companyA,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100

Company B (Denmark) - Carbon composite - www,companyB,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100

Power Supplies
Company A (USA) - www,companyA,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100

Company B (Sweden) - Carbon composite - www,companyB,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100

Tubes
12AX7 from Company A (USA) - www,companyA,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100

12AX7 from Company B (RU) - www,companyB,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100

Wire & Cable
"A-Wire" from Company A (USA) - www,companyA,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100

"B-Wire" from Company B (JPN) - www,companyB,com | www,bestcomponents,com - $2 for 100

I know different projects may require different needs but I think if its based generally this will help alot of people with information, and time saving - I also realise the above example is just that, an example and i think if it is stuck to roughly like that, we could create a useful resource here. Please excuse me for not providing my own real life examples I will definately do so when i find them!! I look forward to every ones input!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.